![]() |
| The van that drove us from Port Au Prince to Cavillion. Sheila Moser picked us up in Cavillion for the trip up the mountain road to Bonne Fin. |
![]() |
| Children that spoke some English and made friends with Mara and Krae |
![]() |
| Little girls that received dresses when we drove up the mountain to distribute dresses and candy |
![]() |
| Mara handing out candy to a family in front of their home. This is up the mountain road from Bonne Fin. |
![]() |
| The beach at Port Salut Beautiful!! |
![]() |
| Krae playing with Silas and Conrad at the beach |
![]() |
| The restaurant on the beach where we had delicious lobster and some live music |
On Monday, we spent some time with Tim & Joan Reinhard and with Lee & Desma Klopfenstein. We were able to show the children the apartment that we will live in when we make the initial move to Haiti. The apartment is part of the Reinhard's home and is very nice. The Klopfenstein family is currently living in the apartment while they do their cultural and language training. The current plan is for our family to spend about 1 month in Les Cayes doing the same training.
Monday afternoon, we made the long drive back to Port Au Prince and stayed at a nice guest house before catching our flight home on Tuesday. After making the drive between Port Au Prince and Bonne Fin two times in five days, I added flight service to Les Cayes to my prayer list. Anyone who has made this trip will understand!!
We have been back home now for a little over a week and it seems like our preparations have geared up to overdrive. There is a For Sale sign in the yard now, I spent a couple of days in KC at a Home School Conference purchasing curriculum for the school we will have for the missionary children and I need to make preparations to co-host our traveling potluck in two weeks and serve lunch at church in three weeks. Then it will be May and time to travel to Haiti with the work team to work on our home. I do enjoy the challenge of project planning and then seeing the plan through, so I cannot say that I am over-stressed, but each of us in the Aberle family has moments of being overwhelmed. We are thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows His plans for us and will guide us each step of the way.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11







No comments:
Post a Comment