Monday, September 4, 2017

A few adventures...


Since I seem to struggle with keeping up to date with posts, I am posting photos from a few adventures in Haiti during the past few months.  


 
These photos were taken at a local bakery.  The men are rolling out bread dough that will be cut into squares and then baked in the concrete oven below.  A fire is built in the oven to get it very hot.  Then the hot coals are removed and the bread is put in to bake.





The Laundry Room at the hospital recently received a new paint job.  These ladies and a couple of men were happy to work in a clean, fresh room.  


Church in Are

Every year for one weekend in April, the local MEBSH church that we attend cancels services so that members can attend the MEBSH convention in Les Cayes.  We had the Pediatric Clinic team here that weekend so we attended a church in the community of Are.  This church lost its roof in Hurricane Matthew and was still working to get the entire building covered again.  They have only a few benches so we look our own chairs.

It really does not matter how big or beautiful the church building appears, what matters is the Presence of God and the Holy Spirit working within the hearts of the people assembled together.  

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.  II Corinthians 9:8



A few months ago as I was returning from a trip to town, I encountered this overturned charcoal truck on the mountain road to Bonne Fin.  For those that have been to Haiti, you know that trucks are loaded very high, making them top heavy.  This truck was overloaded with the large bags of Haitian charcoal and tipped over when trying to navigate through the deep ruts in the mountain road.  The men unloaded all the charcoal and are using long poles as levers to upright the truck.  Also, some men with ropes are on the other side of the truck.    As I approached, they cleared a space just large enough for my vehicle to pass through.  I had to pull in my side mirrors, but I was able to drive through the small space they created for me.  




This lady usually has a nice selection of produce in the Gwo Maren market.  When I shop there, she is my go-to person for good stuff.  I'm not sure of the spelling, but her name is Mashouka.



One of our favorite ways to relax is going to the Beach!   Below Krae and two of the Nussbaum kids catch a good wave for Boogie Boarding and Selah is a mermaid!






At the end of July, Rick and I attended the wedding ceremony for Mireille and Moise.  Mireille is one of my employees at the Guest House and it was a delight to be at their wedding.  They were married in the MEBSH church in Bonne Fin.  



I will close this post with a sunset over the mountains near our home.  August was a very busy month for us with lots to report so I will attempt to post again this week with some news and more photos.  


Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.  Selah.    Psalm 68:19

2 comments:

  1. As always....LOVE seeing the pictures and hearing your "stories". Yes....the presence of the Holy Spirit was evident, even in a building with almost no roof and only the bare necessities inside. What a blessing to have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and Rick as you serve. I greatly enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete