It was a difficult day (July 21). We were awakened early this morning to the news that the group of troublemakers was blocking the road today. This was the first time in over 1 month it was blocked. Unfortunately, the road remained blocked all day, which prevented many from being able to reach the hospital on motorized transportation. Thankfully, we did see many patients today that were able to come here on foot. The area police did engage but were of little help to open the road.
Late today, the road was opened, somewhat unexpectedly! We give God Praise! We hope it continues to remain open.
Please know that all of the missionary team, the hospital staff, and patients are safe. We ask for continued prayers as we work together with all parties involved for a long term resolution.
The situation is still very fluid and will continue to develop tomorrow. As we face tomorrow, I think of these verses from 2 Corinthians 12:
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.We need his Grace and strength. Specific prayer requests:
- Grace and guidance for us as a team.
- For MEBSH Leadership as we seek to work with them for resolutions.
- For the trouble makers….in many many ways….
- For the police….that they would have fortitude to do their jobs
- For those that were prevented from coming to the hospital today.
Closing note...mid-morning, I (Rick) received a note via text from a sister in Christ in the US. She expressed that she was praying for me...unaware of what had developed with the road block this morning, the Holy Spirit was moving her heart. His strength is indeed perfect.
By His Grace,
No comments:
Post a Comment